It's the second Tuesday of December, and the Scraptastic Tuesday monthly link is open. Can you believe it, the last Scraptastic Tuesday for this year, but don't worry, Nicky and I have a lot more scraps so we will be here for next year, we hope you will keep joining us too.
First, I have a couple of small updates. If you visit here often, you have already seen my Ta Da post for Imp. I have been showing off my progress on Imp for Scraptastic Tuesday for a while, so it only seems fair to show here all done here as well. In fact I love this quilt so much I could show it off every day but I will try not to do keep doing that.
And this holiday pillow is another scrappy project. I had these Violet Craft fabrics set aside to make napkins so I cut out the fabric for 10 new napkins. My plan was to use the leftover scraps to make a holiday paper pieced pillow using Violet's pine cone pattern. So far, I have the pillow top done, at 18" square.
I really like this pillow with this smooth dramatic look so right now I am leaning towards no quilting. I do need to do something to secure all those paper pieced seams and Krista (@poppyprint) suggested on instagram that I use fusible fleece backing which is brilliant. I can quilt it then if I like but if not all those seams will be secured and tidy. Now I just need to shop and maybe I can share the finished pillow next week. By the way, there is the #christmascusionalong on instagram that I joined as well and you can too.
Anyway, here are our Scraptastic Tuesday December sponsors and their buttons:
A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes which will be awarded randomly among those of you who link up.
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Sew Me a Song - $20 gift certificate
- Mad About Patchwork - a $40 gift certificate
- Fluffy Sheep Quilting - a €20 (20 Euro) gift certificate
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- Studio 39 Fabrics - $25 gift certificate
- Karen Lewis Textiles - scrap pack
- Fat Quarter Shop - $25 gift certificate
Please join Nicky from Mrs. Sew and Sow and I by linking up a blog post or flickr or instagram photo sharing a scrappy project, in progress or finished, or your thoughts on dealing with your scrap mountain:
- You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
- One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Nicky's blog - Mrs. Sew and Sow - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
- This link is to share with our community about using your scraps, please don't use it to advertise your own products or events.
- You can link up from your blog, instagram or flickr, but you have to link up to be entered in the prize draw.
- Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect.
- Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button and invite your friends to join us too. Please share our button, or a link or the hashtag #scraptastictuesday in your linked post or photo.
- The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday.
- If you have trouble linking up, let me or Nicky know and we will get you sorted.