Q3 in the FAL is always my hardest to decide on the list. I am going to be at the beach for a good chunk of it (leaving soon I hope) and there is just less time and inclination to sew there. So in many respects, work on the list may be pushed in September, but who knows what one wants to work on then??
I hope you are making your list too, it is time to link it up over at Katy's blog, the Littlest Thistle. You can jump into the FAL now, no need to have been part of it up to now, but you only have till July 14 at midnight, Scotland time to get your Q3 list linked, so time to get to it.
So here is my list for Q3:
1. The No quilt is a project near to my heart, and has sat mostly stalled. I am putting it on the list because I really, really want this quilt finished. I have sent this project out to the beach ahead of me, so maybe it will come together.
2. Mystery quilt - This is the most beautiful quilt top I have made - Sheila's pattern and teaching have a lot to do with that. I have been too scared to quilt it, but now I have the long arm. I have had a fair bit of practice. I am hoping this will be a September quilting project and finish.
3. Ocean Waves - these are the blocks are from my bee mates in Always Bee Learning. I'm going to cut the fabrics for six more blocks so I can finish off those open "circles" at the top that have been bugging me. If I can get the blocks done this summer, I can quilt the top in September and have it ready for the holiday. You might not see it well but these are lovely winter, holiday fabrics.
4. Modern Quilt Guild Michael Miller Fabric Challenge quilt - clearly it needs a better name. This is due soon, and needs a binding and a wash, so I am hopeful it will for sure be done. A project with an impending deadline will ensure I have at least one finish to report later, right?
5. Quilt this mod 70's style Canvas pillow top and make a back and install the zip. It's going in my suitcase, finished or not. I wanted it for the sofa at the coast, I best get it done.
6. The other mod 70's Canvas pillow: ditto.
7. Patchwork-like knitted scarf: I started this last summer at the coast, so it is fitting that I finish it this summer. I have a dream of wearing it in November with a new fall jacket. Maybe a cool leather jacker? I have about half finished now, so totally possible, another for the suitcase.
8. Two bindings - It seems like a cheat to list these separately as they have always been a pair in progress. The Canvas baby quilt on the left needs to be trimmed and bound, the one on the right needs a binding removal and replacement. Why has this been stalled for a couple of months now, it is a project that takes no time at all? Putting it on the list may get it done.
It's a beautiful day and besides this list, my yard needs my attention and I need new running shoes. Enjoy your Saturday, link up your Q3 lists.