There will be no sewing this week at SCQ Towers, but I can show you my progress on the pillows/cushions I am making with the She Can Quilt Blogger Bundle from Fluffy Sheep Quilting. I have wanted a wonky cross pillow for a long time, and I am so pleased at how these fabrics work together using this pattern. The back is quilted too, and so all I need it time to add the invisible zipper and write you the quick tutorial, hopefully Friday night.
Here is my other pillow top so far. I made a pillow with this sort of improv pixels with white Essex Linen for a swap a while ago and have been wanting to do something similar for me. I am looking forward to finishing it too.
- If you have not yet seen the news, the final three fantastic quilts picked in the Modern Quilt Guild's Riley Blake Fabric Challenge are here. Thank you to the MQG and Riley Blake for the challenge and I continue to be thrilled that Triangle City was part of the top 10. All the quilts entered in this challenge were fantastic and my guild is going to be participating in the next fabric challenge too.
- I am so pleased and proud to see Cycles 2 still popping up around the internet. You can see her on the Craftsy Blog in Christa's article here. The Quilt Inspiration Blog showed her off here. Christa wrote about the AQS show here on Christa Quilts.
- The mention of QuitCon got everyone booking hotels already. I saw a note that the MQG is going to get some more rooms for those of us who did not realize there was a rush. I am so going, it is going to be so fun to meet so may of my internet friends in person.
- Jess and I am so pleased at the response to our questionnaire for Decipher Your Quilt. The series starts next Thursday so if you have not yet done so and have a minute, we would appreciate your input on the questionnaire too.
- Don't forget to enter the draw sponsored by Oakshott Fabrics for the beautiful Oakshott Lipiaris and Colourshotts, it closes Friday night.
I have a really busy work schedule this week, so off I go.