So as your hostess for the Finish-A-Long, I have the privilege of sharing my finishes from my Q2 FAL List - which is here - first. Unfortunately, there are no finishes on my list, not a single one - oops!
Let's look at my list:
1. Pickle Dish Quilt - this is to be a wedding present for the oldest and the wedding is this weekend. It will be late, but luckily he won't care. I tried my best, but things got in the way. It will be on the Q3 list.
2. Grannie square quilt - not done, but looking great so far.
3. Emerald Irish Chain: There is no good excuse for this one, it is now 4/5 quilted, I just set it aside for a day or two and it is still set aside.
4. Low Volume Quilt with circles on it. I did not do a thing on this one, sigh. I want it for the beach in August, so I best get on with it soon.
5. Octagonal Orb quilt for Siblings Together, with blocks from the Always Bee Learning bee. I have all the blocks now, I am just completing the piecing on the last one to make 12. This quilt is top priority next week, it is going to London with me in July - there is considerable motivation to finish it. The pattern for these blocks is by Elizabeth Hartman and the tutorial is here.
I hope you have done better than me. I think each of these will be on my Q3 list together with a couple of other projects, there is more time to sew in the summer for me. And clearly I need the FAL, now more than ever.
Now it is your turn, link up your finishes. This is from last time:
How do I link up my finishes? Do I need one link for each finish?
- Please link one blog post or flickr picture for each finished item.
- If you like, you can link up older blog posts where you first showed off your finished item, you do not have to write a new post for each finish.
- It is nice to see one end of quarter post letting us all know how you did overall, so feel free to use this post to link one item and then link older posts for the rest of the finishes. Please
- Please ensure that at least one your end of quarter linked posts contains a link to your original Q2 FAL list so that I can check to make sure your finishes are of things on your Q2 list. It is even easier for me if all of the linked posts link to that original Q2 list. If you are linking flickr photos, add a link to the originally linked flickr photo in the photo description. And yes, I do check, Rhonda can be a bit of a taskmaster you know.
I can't wait to see how many beautiful projects you have finished and gotten out of your sewing rooms this quarter. Oh, and you can start getting together your Q3 lists, the link for posting that list will open on July 8 and you will have a week to link up your Q3 list. Don't forget, we have great tutorials coming this week, in between the link ups - it is going to be a fun week.
Tomorrow is Canada Day, a holiday in Canada. Enjoy!