It's the second Tuesday of the year, and of January, so the Scraptastic Tuesday monthly link is open.
I've spent much of my holidays tidying and unpacking and arranging and rearranging, in my whole house, including the sewing space. As you can see, I have unearthed my longarm - for a long while she was a fabric holder as you can pile a lot of fabric on the longarm's table. I have also managed to get some of the scrap boxes handy under the long arm and I've put away the fabric.
I am hoping to reorganize the scraps. I have struggled with how to do that as I don't like the idea of chopping up my fat quarters (they are in the dark cupboards) before I am sure what size I need. But since my scrap boxes are so full, I am going to work on organizing/cutting the larger pieces into 5" squares and into strips and store those separately, which will, hopefully mean that I can consolidate the remaining scraps into 4 boxes - warm, cool, low volume and solid. Since I don't like cutting fabric, this is a big step for me - let's see how it works out.
I also put mostly scrappy projects on my Q1 FAL list so that I would focus on them first this month. I'm out of town for work until later this week, but I hope to have some more scrappy progress to show you next week.
Now its time for you to share your scrappy projects, plans and ideas.
A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes which will be awarded randomly among those of you who link up.
- Mad About Patchwork - a $40 gift certificate
- Fluffy Sheep Quilting - a €20 (20 Euro) gift certificate
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- Karen Lewis Textiles - scrap pack
- Fat Quarter Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Massdrop - Little Bird Fat Quarter Bundle
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Simply Solids - £20 (20 Pounds) gift certificate
- You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
- One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Nicky's blog - Mrs. Sew and Sow - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
- Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect.
- Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button and invite your friends to join us too. Please share our button, or a link or the hashtag #scraptastictuesday in your linked post or photo.
- The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday.
- If you have trouble linking up, let me or Nicky know and we will get you sorted.
By the way, if you have not joined Q1 of the FAL, please do. You still have until Friday, the link up is here.