It's the second Tuesday of April. Please share your scrappy projects, in progress or completed or your tips for using or organizing your scraps.
I pulled out my bin of solid scraps this past weekend and made some blocks for Marci for my Bee Sewcial improv bee. Marci's theme was blooms, with dark midnight backgrounds and saturated colours. Also the blocks are small, 6.5" square.
Once I got started, this project was just a joy do. I have made many of the roses like the bottom purple one, so I knew that would be one of them and the blue posy sort of reminds me of a spring pansy. The yellow was inspired by morning glories, a favourite of mine, and the orange is more abstract, a wildflower bed, an arial view, the centre of a daisy or whatever your imagination says to you.
This blue posy is particularly calling me to make more. We shall see, there is no shortage of projects around my sewing room. But playing with solid scraps is a lot of fun.
This last one is the straggler. I am going to share it on instagram and see if Marci likes it too. It is even more abstract, but still fun.
Now on to your scrappy projects.
Here are our fabulous Scraptastic Tuesday Sponsors and their buttons, feel free to click through and thank them for their support:
A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes which will be awarded randomly among those of you who link up.
- Studio 39 Fabrics - $25 gift certificate
- Fat Quarter Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Sew Me a Song - $20 gift certificate
- Mad About Patchwork - a $40 gift certificate
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
- One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Nicky's blog - Mrs. Sew and Sow - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
- This link is to share with our community about using your scraps, please don't use it to advertise your own products or events.
- You can link up from your blog, instagram or flickr, but you have to link up to be entered in the prize draw.
- Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect.
- Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button and invite your friends to join us too. Please share our button, or a link or the hashtag #scraptastictuesday in your linked post or photo.
- The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday.
- If you have trouble linking up, let me or Nicky know and we will get you sorted.