For Q3 of the 2016 FAL, I have decided to pick only 6 projects to finish. If you have noticed my other two quarters, I listed about 30 projects and finished one in each quarter - which is still a finish, but not really a stellar performance. So time for a new strategy.
What you see here are:
- My Bee Sewcial quilt - I would like to enter this one in QuiltCon perhaps so to do that I need to finish it this quarter. All I need is a back and to quilt and bind it. I already have decided on a faced binding.
- The Lion - pattern by Violet Craft - This quilt needs to head off to University with my youngest at the end of August. I am going to add some border grey to make it a bit bigger, then back, quilt and bind.
- My Summit Shawl - pattern by Mandie Harrington on Knitty - this is my current airplane / netflix / sitting on the patio piece and it is about half way done, so a good bet for a finish.
- The rainbow are Bella Solids for a secret Fat Quarter Shop project which is due towards the end of August, so an excellent chance of that finish happening.
- The improv stripes are just for fun. I have the top together but I am going to cut it to add one more strip and then it needs a back, then quilted and bound. I actually want to start more improv strip projects so I am hoping I can get this one finished first.
- Bee Sewcial Swap - I actually have more blocks that are in that photo. This is a swap of small 6" or smaller blocks with my Bee Sewcial bee mates. My current thought is that I want them to be a larger quilt, but we shall see what they tell me when they are all here.
And it would be amazing to see 6 finishes at the end of Q3. I will also do other things, start new things, but maybe, just maybe, possibly, perhaps with a small miracle, I can get all of these finished too.
Have you posted your Q3 list yet? If not I hope you will join the global group of FAL hosts - you can go here to post your list, there are 5 days left to do so - as there are excellent prizes from our generous sponsors which are randomly drawn for the finishes posted at the end of the quarter.