It's the second Tuesday of April, so the Scraptastic Tuesday monthly link is open.
I am excited to show off Villa - my scrappy giant log cabin quilt. This quilt is 55" by 56" after the wash. I have shared a lot about this quilt on the blog before, and I have been waiting to show her off for a couple of weeks now.
As you can see in this photo, I quilted a cross hatch on this quilt. Using the long arm, I quilted horizontal freely drawn lines randomly spaced from about .5" to 2.5" apart. Then I took the quilt off the machine and reloaded her turned so that the next set of similarly quilted lines would be perpendicular to the first lines. After washing, the effect is wonderful - very vintage looking which compliments the scraps and the log cabins well - and worth the extra quilting time.
I pieced the back with some large pieces from my shelves that work nicely with the front.
The binding is a black and white print from Doe by Carolyn Friedlander which compliments the vintage look and does not add more colours. I stitched this binding on by machine.
Here is a before the wash photo. She is lovely but a bit stiff and very flat.
This photo is in the bright sun, and it shows off the puffy goodness of this quilt. I have to say that I never tire of log cabins, and so it's time to make more scrappy ones.
Now its time for you to share your scrappy projects, plans and ideas.
A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes which will be awarded randomly among those of you who link up.
- Fat Quarter Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Sew Me a Song - $20 gift certificate
- Massdrop - tba
- Fluffy Sheep Quilting - a €20 (20 Euro) gift certificate
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- Karen Lewis Textiles - scrap pack
- Mad About Patchwork - a $40 gift certificate
Please join Nicky from Mrs. Sew and Sow and I by linking up a blog post or flickr or instagram photo sharing a scrappy project, in progress or finished, or your thoughts on dealing with your scrap mountain:
- You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
- One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Nicky's blog - Mrs. Sew and Sow - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
- You can link up from your blog, instagram or flickr, but you have to link up to be entered in the prize draw.
- Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect.
- Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button and invite your friends to join us too. Please share our button, or a link or the hashtag #scraptastictuesday in your linked post or photo.
- The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday.
- If you have trouble linking up, let me or Nicky know and we will get you sorted.