I have been crazy busy with my day job and I have been mostly absent from this space and the quilting community for the last few weeks. I sure miss the quilters and the quilting. I am pretty sure that my schedule has returned to more normal, and I was able to work in my sewing space last night. So, being in a holiday mood, I pulled out a box of pink and red scraps.
I made these improv trees. I am not sure what happens next, but maybe I'll add some green trees tonight. Maybe I will make a quilt, or table runner, or tree skirt?? It is so nice to just make these blocks without worrying about the final result.
I pulled out bits of fabrics and then built the blocks with white strips. If anyone wants a tutorial, let me know. These are very easy to make.
You can see that the pieces in my scrap boxes are small. Many folks put almost entire fat quarters in their scrap boxes, but I refold fat quarters that I have cut until there is just too small a piece to find on a shelf. This does limit the things I can make from my scrap bins.
Once two trees were complete I was charmed. So I made more.
This is my cutting table as I headed to bed last night. Smaller scraps left over, so there may be some tiny trees soon too.
Now, its time for you to link up and share your scrappy projects to inspire us all.
A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes which will be awarded randomly among those of you who link up.
- Mad About Patchwork - a $40 gift certificate
- Oakshott Fabrics - a Colourshott charm pack, colours 1-30
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- Fat Quarter Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Sew me a Song - a $20 gift certificate
- You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
- One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Nicky's blog - Mrs. Sew and Sow - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
- Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect.
- Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button and invite your friends to join us too. Please share our button, or a link or the hashtag #scraptastictuesday in your linked post or photo.
- The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday.
- If you have trouble linking up, let me or Nicky know and we will get you sorted.