We are more than midway through the month, and Yvonne, Beth and I would like to take this opportunity to remind you we are still accepting registrations for the 2017 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop.
The goal of the 6th annual New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop is to provide advice, tech help, and introduce new quilters to the online community. If you are a new quilt blogger and meet the criteria (see below), please indicate your interest in joining by filling out the registration form.
Participation in the New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop is a great way to meet other bloggers and network in a friendly and encouraging environment. You can (and most likely will) make personal connections and lifelong quilting/blogging friends.
2017 New Quilt Bloggers Participation / Sign Up Criteria
The technical criteria to participate in the 2017 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop is as follows:
- If you have been blogging mainly about quilting (this is, after all, the New QUILT Bloggers Blog Hop),
- for more than 2 months and less than 3 years,
- writing at least 4 posts a month,
- are willing to agree to be actively involved in the blog hop through visiting and commenting on the other blogger’s hop posts,
- and are willing to participate in the group discussions by signing up to join Slack (available for desktop and as an app for mobile devices).
- Note that after you indicate your interest by filling out the registration form, you will not receive email confirmation until the beginning of March at the earliest.
- We will accept 100 participants for the blog hop this year. The sign up form will be available until February 28th, 2017, or until we reach 100 participants.
- Participation in the blog hop will consist of a significant time commitment. We believe that the more time you can dedicate to the blog hop, the more you will get out of it.
- Tentative Schedule
- Early March: Welcome participants via E-mail and get everyone into the Slack group to facilitate and begin the conversations.
- March: Get to know one another through a series of weekly planned prompts through the Slack group.
- March: Optional structured blog critique groups will be conducted.
- April: First half (2 weeks) of blog hop.
- May: Second half (2 weeks) of blog hop.
If you have questions you would like answered prior to registering, please feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to answer your questions.
I hope you’ll join us!
Advice for New Bloggers
Still weighing whether or not to participate? Here are a few summary posts by former participants outlining why they are happy to have joined
Carla from Granny Maud's Girl talks about some of the benefits she received by participating in the 2014 New Quilt Blogger blog hop in her post, Calling new quilt bloggers.
Anne from Hudson Valley Quilts reviews a lot of what she learned during the 2014 New Quilters Blog Hop in her post, New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop - 2017.