It's the second Tuesday of November, and the Scraptastic Tuesday monthly link is open. ** Can I please ask you to add either our button, a link or the hashtag #scraptastictuesday to the post/photo you link up so that others can share in our Scraptastic Tuesday community.
I have only a little progress to share on the scrappy improv quilt I shared last month for Scraptastic Tuesday.
I loaded the quilt on my long arm quilting machine and it demanded this industrial modern, ariel view, crazy quilt sort of quilting that I have grown fond of using after learning from and being inspired by Krista Withers, Carolyn Friedlander, and many others I see on the internet and on instagram. Sort of "scrappy" quilting if you like. I do this quilting free hand, and it is great fun but slow.
I have only progressed this far. I am hoping to get the rest of the quilting done in the evenings this week. Then, I have to decide if the quilt gets a faced binding, a white regular binding or a scrappy orange binding.
Now it is time to link up your scrappy projects. Here are our sponsors:
A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes which will be awarded randomly among those of you who link up:
- Studio 39 Fabrics - $25 gift certificate
- Karen Lewis Textiles - scrap pack
- Fat Quarter Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Simply Solids - £20 (20 pound) gift certificate
- Mad About Patchwork - a $40 gift certificate
- Fluffy Sheep Quilting - a €20 (20 Euro) gift certificate
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
- One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Nicky's blog - Mrs. Sew and Sow - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
- This link is to share with our community about using your scraps, please don't use it to advertise your own products or events.
- You can link up from your blog, instagram or flickr, but you have to link up to be entered in the prize draw.
- Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect.
- Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button and invite your friends to join us too. Please share our button, or a link or the hashtag #scraptastictuesday in your linked post or photo.
- The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday.
- If you have trouble linking up, let me or Nicky know and we will get you sorted.