Well, I got sidetracked and then was out much of the day and finally am getting the November Scraptastic Tuesday link up. At least it is still Tuesday at my house.
First, I have a small scrappy project to share. I was making a butterfly with some scraps of my precious hand screened prints by Karen Lewis. Paper piecing is a great place to use scraps, especially a butterfly that finishes at 5".
As usual, the paper piecing created more, even smaller scraps. These were so tiny that I tossed them out.
At this stage, the magic of paper piecing is ready to happen, at least that is how I see it.
Those tiny bits come together to make the cutest little butterfly, and everything matches up and works. This butterfly is for the Pip Round Robin that I am part of.
The butterfly pattern is by Nicole from Lillyella and came with two other tiny butterfly patterns as well.
Some more paper piecing of the Lion Jungle Abstraction quilt - pattern by Violet Craft - that I have been working on this fall also happened last weekend. You can see in this photo how I work.
I cut large chunks of fabric from the yardage bought for the pattern and then I use those chunks first. As I trim off bits from the piecing, I separate the larger pieced (middle of the photo) and use them for smaller piecing if possible. The even smaller trimmings are going in that metal basket, and I have a plan to sew them all together to make an improv shard sort of quilt, perhaps. The trimmings that are too small to sew together and have 1/4" seams go with my paper trimmings into the garbage. I am determined to use as many of the scraps created by this project as possible.
Now, its time for you to link up and share your scrappy projects to inspire us all. I am hoping for lots of links this month, it is the start of year 2 of Scraptastic Tuesday after all.
A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes which will be awarded randomly among those of you who link up.
- Mad About Patchwork - a $40 gift certificate
- Oakshott Fabrics - a Colourshott charm pack, colours 31 - 57
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- Fat Quarter Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Massdrop - a set of Bobbin Buddies
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Sew me a Song - a $20 gift certificate
- You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
- One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Nicky's blog - Mrs. Sew and Sow - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
- Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect.
- Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button if you like (code is on the sidebar) and invite your friends to join us too.
- The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday.
- If you have trouble linking up, let me or Nicky know and we will get you sorted.