It's the second Tuesday of February and that means that the Scraptastic Tuesday link is open. Happy Valentines Day! Please share your scrappy projects, in progress or completed or your tips for using or organizing your scraps.
Well, you have probably noticed my less than resounding start to blogging this year. I am working to change that. I had a real failure of creativity at the start of this year, 2017 has been a bit of a hard landing so to speak. I think that has changed finally and I have been able to do some sewing again. I am not making any promises but I do have some things to share so I will work on catching up here.
For today I will share the progress of the project I shared last month for Scraptastic Tuesday.
After debating for about a full month, I decided to go with the minimalist layout for my Bee Sewcial Swap Blocks. These blocks are 4.5" to 6" square. Also I had recently received some Essex Yarn Dyed Linen (a 55/45% cotton/linen blend) in Shale. I decided to use that as my background instead of the scrappy background and instead of the blue linen I had tried - the blue washed out that block with the half circle and the shale will look great with my light grey sofa.
This layout was easy to piece together. First I pieced each of the sides of the medallion block lay out into strips. You will see that I did not line the blocks up exactly - I wanted to have a bit of an improv look within the geometric layout, but I did made strips that were 6.5" wide to accommodate the largest block. Then I added the background.
I wanted to have a quilt that was a good lying on the sofa, watching TV or movies, size and ended up with about 60" square. I have a dense quilting idea in mind and I also pieced the back this weekend so hopefully I can start quilting it soon.
Now, on to the link so I can see your scrappy projects. Here are our fabulous Scraptastic Tuesday Sponsors and their buttons, feel free to click through and thank them for their support:
A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes which will be awarded randomly among those of you who link up.
- Studio 39 Fabrics - $25 gift certificate
- Fat Quarter Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Sew Me a Song - $20 gift certificate
- Mad About Patchwork - a $40 gift certificate
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
- One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Nicky's blog - Mrs. Sew and Sow - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
- This link is to share with our community about using your scraps, please don't use it to advertise your own products or events.
- You can link up from your blog, instagram or flickr, but you have to link up to be entered in the prize draw.
- Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect.
- Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button and invite your friends to join us too. Please share our button, or a link or the hashtag #scraptastictuesday in your linked post or photo.
- The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday.
- If you have trouble linking up, let me or Nicky know and we will get you sorted.