I am so pleased to be able to let you know that I pulled out another of my newly sorted scrap bins - the red / pink / purple bin - and this time I did more crazy scrappy improv piecing. I was working more following the method I learned from Victoria Findlay Wolfe at her class at Sewdown Nashville.
Victoria, who is one of the nicest and easy to get to know people, wrote about this approach in her book, 15 Minutes of Play. Basically, you just sew together the fabrics as you like. I sat tonight for a little while with a show running on Netflix on the computer and just played about with the fabric. It was a nice relaxing end to a long day.
After a while I had this improv block. I have an idea that maybe I will make some of these with the warm coloured scraps and then cut them into some kind of shape that I can piece into other scrappy blocks I made the other day.
Add those warm colours somehow into those black / white / grey blocks that I showed you on the weekend. We shall see, I am sure that I can use them for something. And as you can see, there is no shortage of scraps to work with.
Today is the second Tuesday of the month - can you believe it?? Maybe I should start thinking about my present list soon. In the meantime, please join Nicky, from Mrs. Sew and Sow and I for montyly Scraptastic Tuesday link.
- Link up a blog post, flickr picture or instagram photo showing off a scrappy project, new or in progress, or your thoughts on dealing with the scrap mountain. You can link from a post or photo from anytime over the last month.
- Do grab our button and add it to your post, include a link back here, or use the hashtag #scraptastictuesday
- Please link only one post per person. You can link here or on Nicky's blog Mrs. Sew and Sow - the link is the same on both blogs.
- The link will stay open for one week, closing at 10 pm MST on December 15 so that we can announce the randomly drawn winners next Tuesday.
- Please visit as many of the links as you can, and leave a comment too, so that everyone gets know each other a bit in this link up. I've been finding these links very inspiring to visit and I am sure you will too.
A huge thank you to each of our generous sponsors for the following prizes, which will be awarded randomly:
- Simply Solids - 3 mini charm packs
- Sew me a Song - a $20 gift certificate
- Massdrop - 15 fat quarter bundle of designer fabrics, plus two coordinated Aurifil threads (Mako' Ne 50/2)
- Mad About Patchwork - a $30 gift certificate
- Sew Sisters Quilt Shop - $25 gift certificate
- Green Fairy Quilts - $25 gift certificate
- Fat Quarter Shop - a $25 gift certificate
I'm looking forward to seeing what you have been doing with your scraps!