Happy New Year to everyone!
It's the end of Q4 of the Finish-A-Long, 2013 and it is time to see how everyone did finishing up their UFOs for this quarter. I sure hope you all did better than I did with your lists, I have only one finish this quarter out of the 12 projects on my Q4 list - my original list is here.
My finish for this quarter was Cycles 2. I am very proud of this quilt, you can read my original Ta Da post here. This quilt is the second in a series of minimalist geometric quilts which are quilted with industrial style matchstick quilting. The other quilts in the series so far are Cycles and Sunset.
Cycles 2 is currently in the hands of the folks at the American Quilting Society and will be shown at their February show in Phoenix, Arizona from February 5 - 8 2014. Please do let me know if you go to the show and happen to see her on display.
Enough about my 1 out of 12 finishes - no matter how much I love Cycles 2, it is still a barely passable showing this quarter. I guess you all know that I will be participating fully in the 2014 FAL hosted by the lovely Katy.
Now it is time for you to link up your Q4 finishes. Remember that each finish is an entry into the randomly chosen draws for the prizes from our wonderful Q4 sponsors, so don't forget to link all of your finishes.
Here are some answers to your questions (the rules are also here):
How do I link up my finishes? Do I need one link for each finish?
- Please link one blog post or flickr picture for each finished item that you had listed on your Q4 FAL list which you linked up in October. A finish must have been on your linked list to qualify for the prize draws.
- It is always nice - but not mandatory - to read a round up post about how you did overall on your Q4 list. If you do a round up post, please link it up for one of your finishes and then link the other finishes separately, to older or new posts. Do not link the round up post in addition to one link for each finish as that would give you an extra entry into the draw.
- Please include a reference to the Q4 to be finished list you linked up in October in your finish and/or round up post so I can check your entries.
- Please visit some or all of the other links and leave comments, everyone likes comments.
Is there a penalty for not finishing something on my list?
- No, but please join Katy for Q1 of the 2014 FAL. I'll be there too, with all those other projects I did not finish on my list.
Do things I finish in the first week of January count?
- Yes, anything from your Q4 list that is linked by midnight Mountain Standard Time on January 8, 2014 counts, consider this link up week as a bonus finishing up week.
- If you are working on that last finish, link your other finishes now so that you don't accidentally miss the deadline.
What if I have no Q4 finishes?
- Leave a comment on this post, post about it on your blog or in the flickr group, but don't link up.
- Join Katy for Q1 of the 2014 FAL - put those projects on your Q1 list and let's get them done.
What is the schedule?
- January 1 - The Q4 post-quarter link opens.
- January 2-7- The FAL Tutorial series runs on this blog
- January 8 - The Q4 post quarter link closes at midnight, MST
- January 9 - The 2014 Finish - A - Long begins, hosted by Katy, at The Littlest Thistle. Grab Katy's button now and use it for all your 2014 FAL finishes and posts.
The Q4 post quarter link is open until midnight MST January 8 - don't be late. You must link your finishes by then for them to count in the draw for the wonderful prizes from our generous and wonderful sponsors - each separately linked finish is one entry in the random draws. If you are trying to squeeze one last finish in you can link the rest of your finishes now and that last one at the 11th hour.
I can't wait to see how many beautiful projects you have finished and gotten out of your sewing rooms this quarter. Oh, and you can start getting together your Q1 lists. Don't forget, we have great tutorials coming this week, in between the link ups - it is going to be a fun.
If you have any questions, or get stuck linking up, let me know and I will help you out. You can leave a comment or email me at shecanquilt [at] gmail [dot] com.