On Sunday, I realized it had been a while since I just finished something. And I had been doing laundry and realized just how shabby our old napkins were. So I got out my stack of prints from Angela Walter's Legacy line and a bunch of Essex linen and cut 10.5" squares.
I sewed the pieces wrong sides together, left a hole to turn through, pressed them and then topstitched around the edge, thus closing the turning hole in that process. Easy.
They are lovely and I am going to make more. Next time I think I will use 14 or 15" squares of fabric, but these are a good size as they are for every day use too.
I am also working to finish off the two slab quilts for Calgary. Cheryl gave me blocks, batting and backs for two quilts. I have pieced the blocks and finished the quilting, so all I have left to do is trimming and binding. It is crazy at my work right now but I am hoping to get these done and on their way back by Friday.
I am also still working on Sunset. You can see the improvement after the ripping out episode. I am just loving the impact of the quilting, so I hope to finish this on the weekend.
That is all I am focusing on this week in the sewing room, I should have more time next week to get back to my long list.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American readers!