I am going to miss the Wednesday WIP report next week as the FAL tutorial week will be running, so I thought I should do a quick update today. I have returned to the Pickle Dish Quilt, and I have now finished 178 of the 200 dish units. The end is in sight for them, but there are a lot of edges to piece and blocks to put together and centres to add. You will see more of this project over the next few months I expect.
Yesterday I stayed home and slept a lot - the cold is retreating. In between, I swatched this lovely yarn - Acadia from The Fibre Company - and I have started Cria, which is a pretty sweater in Little Red in the City by Ysolda Teague. I have one of my two selfish sewing week projects started - even if it is knitting and not sewing.
Finished from last week's list:
- I found a much better pattern and made Krista a much better hat. Pictures to come soon.
- I finished recovering my ironing board cover (go here to see it, what a big improvement).
- The pickle dishes are being made.
- The end of Q3 of the FAL and the start of Q4 is organized and ready to roll.
Carrying forward from last week:
- Placemats - high priority
- Emerald chain quilt - it is on my FAL list so it needs to be done now.
- City Sampler - I need to either start this or set it aside.
- Finish the Nordika Giant Plus and make a Giant Plus free pattern/tutorial.
- Variation on Cycles (it is in my head, I doubt I can wait that long to make it)
- Always Bee Learning blocks - fabric arrived yesterday
- Mail to Di and to Shanna and Becky - This one is a priority, I cannot believe how easy it is for me to put off going to the post office.
It is sew day for my Modern Quilt Guild on Saturday, maybe I should take some of these projects along to do.