Look, I finished the bindings on my three quilts from last week - my Giant Plus, St. Louis 16 Patch and Granny Squares quilts. I will post a nice "Ta Da" post about each of them over the next while, two still need to be washed and photos are required.
Early this week I found that I could no longer resist working with the lovely stack of Nordika that my kind sponsors at the Fat Quarter Shop sent me in late August. So this coming week I plan to baste, quilt, and bind this quilt and finish the Giant Plus pattern/tutorial for you.
On Saturday, inspiration struck and I designed, and made Cycles. You can read more about her here.
Then disaster - my camera battery charger disappeared. It turns out these are hard to find (new batteries are everywhere but chargers, not so much) and very dear to replace. I shall be keeping close tabs on it in the future, as it is no fun to be a blogger if you don't have pictures.
So here is how I am doing:
Also done from last week's list:
- I have organized the Q3 FAL tutorials and most of the sponsors for Q4, just waiting on a few emails. By the way, if you would like to provide a Q4 tutorial let me know, I have Q4 tutorial spaces.
- I finished Krista's hat and I am now going to take it apart and try again, likely with a different pattern. She needs an excellent hat, and the one I made is technically good but only so, so, maybe even less than so, so. The good news is that I love to knit hats and they are fast.
- I am counting Cycles as the improv project I was itching to make, even if she is not really improv.
Carrying forward from last week:
- Pickle dishes - I have them and all the bits and fabrics in a chair, I need to get back to making them.
- Placemats - still needed, high priority
- Ironing board cover - it is almost disintegrated, soon this will be an emergency requirement.
- Emerald chain quilt - no excuse now, and it is so close to being done.
- City Sampler - it seems that picking the fabrics might be what has been holding me back on this project. Now I am thinking I will use black, grey, text, brown, low volume fabrics and maybe the odd print or solid for pops of colour.
New on the list
- Finish the Nordika Giant Plus
- Giant Plus free pattern/tutorial
- Variation on Cycles (it is in my head, I doubt I can wait that long to make it)
- Urban Maps quilt for my 4 in Art group - due at the end of the month.
- Always Bee Learning blocks, but the fabric has yet to arrive
- Mail to Di and to Shanna and Becky - I seem to be side swapping jelly and Starbucks mugs too now.
No promises on getting it all done, but optimism is working for me so far. So are lists.