I put my St. Louis 16 Patch top on the fence for a photo before I left the island. It is made with fabrics from Sweetwater's Lucy Crab Shack and Kona Snow.
I finished the top on my last day there, so although it was too sunny, I took pictures anyway. It was a very hot summer so the grass is all brown. It will green back up later in September.
You can see the colours a bit better here in the photo I took after dinner as the sun was behind a cloud. The blocks are about 14" so the quilt is about 56" x 70". It is now on the list for quilting.
Home now, I tidied away all my fabrics from the holidays and made this 12" churn dash block for Felicity. It is a quite late, but I am hoping she can still use it or make it into a pillow or something. I love churn dashes and this was great fun to make.
I have a long list of works in progress to work on and I think there might be some value to set it out to remind me:
To do on my FAL list:
- Octagonal Orb - done and gifted.
- Pickle dish quilt - I made a lot of pickle dish units this summer while I was away, but there are still more to go.
- Placemats - on the design wall, I really need these to use so will work on them this week.
- Granny squares - it needs a back and to be quilted. I want to baste it this week.
- Emerald Irish Chain - my hope is to set up for quilting on the weekend and finish this one and start quilting the granny squares and St. Louis 16 Patch too.
- Low volume quilt - I need to make some more applique parts and then get the quilt finished
The rest of this week's list:
- Make a test block for the Modern Stitching Bee as I am the queen bee for September. I have finally made a plan, hopefully it is easy to make.
- Quilt the Swirling Medallion quilt
- Quilt my Giant Plus quilt
- Begin writing up the Giant Plus Quilt pattern and make another sample
- I am sure there are other things I want to do, this is why I have decided lists are good to try for the fall - so I stop forgetting what I wanted to do. So I need to sort out the to do list better for next week.
So the astute among you will have seen that I am hoping to back and quilt four quilt tops and finish the quilting on one more quilt this week. Clearly, I am dreaming but optimism is a good thing.
I am going to link this list up with Lee at Freshly Pieced and The Needle and Thread Network. There are loads of interesting projects linked each week, I shall be visiting them and I hope you do too.