It is time to link up your lists for the second quarter of the 2013 Finish-A-Long. If you are new to the FAL, welcome and the rules are here. If you have questions, just send me an email or comment on this post and I will try to answer them.
Just a reminder, the FAL is to provide motivation for you to finish your Un-Finished Object, so the project needs to be started to be a UFO that qualifies for the FAL. And to qualify at the end of the quarter as a finish, it needs to be finished and out of the sewing room.
My list of UFOs to finish for Q2 is:
1. Pickle Dish Quilt - this is to be a wedding present for the oldest and the wedding is at the end of June. As of this photo, I had 37 of 200 of the single dish units done. I have done a few more but there is a lot to do, although I am highly motivated to get this one done this quarter.
2. Grannie square quilt - the blocks are from the Modern Stitching Bee and are ready to be basted, quilted and bound.
3. Emerald Irish Chain: The quilting has started, but I have about a quarter of the quilt to quilt and then it needs bindins.
4. Low Volume Quilt with circles on it. It needs the circles to be finished, then appliquéd on, then basting, quilting and binding.
5. Octagonal Orb quilt for Siblings Together, with blocks from the Always Bee Learning bee. I have received 4 blocks in the mail and there are more on the way. This one is due in July, so again there is considerable motivation to finish it. The pattern for these blocks is by Elizabeth Hartman and the tutorial is here.
That is all I am putting on my list because I think I will mostly be pickle dishing and octagonal orbing - those quilts have deadlines. But it would be great to finish all 5 in Q2. I am so looking forward to seeing all of your lists too.
Remember, you can also post pictures of your progress, and your finishes throughout the quarter on the FAL flickr group which is here, but your pre-quarter list must also be linked to this post to qualify for the Q2 prizes. Later this week I will tell you all about the wonderful sponsors and great prizes lined up for Q2.
Over the next few days I will be reviewing the finishes, and then I will announce the winners of the prizes from our lovely Q1 sponsors, so stay tuned.
The Q2 pre-quarter link will be open until midnight MST April 15, 2013. Don't forget to link your list.